7.12.06

The Fading Dictators


Time flies, and it does so fast.
Over a decade ago, the world was concerned with Fidel Castro, Yasser Arafat, Colonel Mummar Al-Gaddafi, and Saddam Hussein. Arafat has passed on, Saddam captured and standing trial, Castro is old and sick, Gaddafi doesn't have much left either, he is getting old as well.

It has always amazed me how quickly the world politics scene evolves throughout time. Many take dictator personas for granted, as most people today have no idea what it is like to live under a dictator's rule. Neither do I....but I sure as hell wish I did. Todays materialistic consumer culture makes me sick. Spending power, spending power, spending power! I hope to see something horrible happen to the economies of the powerful Western "democracies". If the markets collapse within our lifetimes, it will be a show and a half! If, say, North America was hit by an economic disaster of the same scale as the Great Depression of the '30s, the exact same things would happen again. The majority of the population will loose hope in traditional politics and the middle class will look for a new lead - an extreme. When people go through economic difficulties of unimaginable proportions (I'm talking living on a loaf of bread every week for a year or so), tempers begin to flare, and the human mind becomes easy to brainwash. All that will be needed at that point is a promise of better days. All hell will break loose if people invest their power into the wrong (or right) person/organization.

I will never forget the stories my parents told me about life in the Soviet Union...the needs of a nation are greater then the needs of an individual...that was the life motto. People worked for each other, for a stronger society. Too bad they got greedy and USSR is in the maps of the past eh?

That's what I find sad, lack of national unity. This is a problem in all modern democratic countries, but it is especially a touchy issue here in Canoodia. People are too friggin liberal here, every one is afraid of opening their mouths because they are afraid of saying something "politically incorrect"...but yea, I can go on for ever and ever about national unity and all that jazz...but you get the point.

I dedicate this blog as a tribute to Fidel Castro, his long lost comrade Che Guevera, and Fidels younger brother Raul. I doubt Fidel will make it through the upcoming year, but I do wish him the best as his image has been hammered into my head since I was a little boy...I will never forget him. Viva Fidel! Viva Che! Viva Raul!

1 comment:

Captain USpace said...

Long live dictators!


absurd thought -
God of the Universe says
dictators should kill more

before it's too late
when another takes over
.